Optical encoder technology has been used for the past 40 years.
Historically, optical encoders were used on rotary applications, which means sensors using 3 subsystems: LED, optical ring, reflector.
Later on, linear optical technology was developed and linear optical encoders were developed. At the same time, reflective sensors were developed, which reduced the complexity of the encoder design and their height. However, most of the applications that were using these linear encoders were for CNC machines. Due to the harsh environment (dust, oil and on) these encoders were sealed ones. The basic advantages of this technology were high resolutions and high accuracy. However, the prices were high (as high as 4000$/m). These encoders were used for applications that were after the basic advantages of this technology:
1. CNC machines control
2. Semi-conductor systems
3. Defense applications (turrets and on)
In the last 15 years, new abilities and technologies were developed. Today, more and more applications are using optical encoders, either linear or rotational.
The overall costs per meter or per axis has been reduced, while resolutions and accuracy were increased.
Using advanced design abilities, miniature optical encoders were developed and customers can integrate these encoders in tight spaces applications.
Wesense Motion is proud to represent the most advanced optical encoder suppliers.
We are the only local supplier which can offer the following technical specifications for its optical encoders:
1. High resolution – up to 1.2nm!
2. High accuracy scales and rings – up to ±1µ/m!
3. Wide selections of ring designs
4. Wide range of sealed linear and rotary encoders, incremental and absolute
With such advantages, we are able to offer very price competitive encoders with performance similar to much higher costs ones.
As such, new applications are using our solutions:
1. Digital Printing – with the high performance we offer combined with ability to operate at harsh environment and wide installation tolerances, we can offer the perfect fit to this demanding market sector
2. Medical: with the combination of small size, high resolution, low costs and nonmagnetic, we can offer the required products to our customers
3. Defense: our encoders operate at very harsh environment (temperatures as low as -55 Deg). At the same time, they offer high performance and do not carry End Use/r declarations
You are welcome to review the various optical encoders on our website and contact us later on for a meeting to discuss your needs.